Exclusive Interview with Ms. Radhika Goel
It is not every day that you come across a young woman plying her trade in Indian tyre industry. Indian tyre & service industry has often failed to attract female talent time & again. That said, there are a chosen few who have made a name and mark in the industry and have paved way for other women to join this largely male dominated industry. Radhika Goel, head of the Business Development for Sarveshwari Technologies. Earlier this month we caught up with Miss Goel for an interview. Read On….
1. We see that you have recently started an online system as well for selling garage equipment. What kind of response are you receiving from online clients?
There has been a huge positive response for our Online System. Customers used to call us to ask where we can buy “Sarv” Products in our city. After going online, our customers can buy whatever accessories they want in just a click. Moreover it is the first Online Store which caters to the niche after sales support of the garage equipment sale.
2. What according to you is the USP of garage equipment purchased from Sarveshwari?
Our USP lies in manufacturing. All the spare parts for the garage equipment sold by us or any other international company are manufactured by us at our factories. Our trained service engineers and availability of spare parts, makes the buying convenient for the customers.
3. At present, you have two plants located in the industrial region of Haryana. Are there plans of installing more plants in India as well?
Yes, we are in the expanding phase. We are looking forward to another plant being setup by 2015. This will be our third facility.
4. Approximately what percentage of the company’s profits is spent on R&D?
We are regularly investing in R&D. It is because we not only cater to the domestic market but to the international market as well. Our R&D team is constantly working on developing new products.
5. You have represented yourself abroad in various tyre exhibitions such as Tyrexpo Africa, Reifen Show (Germany) and Automechanika Dubai. What kind of responses have you received in these markets?
This will be our 14th year at Automechanika, Frankfurt. Responses are great to begin with in terms of quality. It is a great feeling that we are able to represent our country India, at the international platform. We make it a point to display as many products as we can. This way we are able to give hands on experience of our product’s quality to attract more buyers.
6. How do you perceive the Indian market as different from other garage equipment markets?
The biggest difference lies in the use of technology. In India, customers want to pay less and hence they are willing to compromise on the technology.
7. Please describe your job profile at Sarveshwari.
I am in the Admin Department of the company. From Orders Management to the dispatches, I make sure I can take care of them.
8. What is your vision for Sarveshwari?
We want to see Sarveshwari at the top. As a preferred brand for Garage Equipment, Accessories, After sales support for OEMs, garages and workshops. With our Online Store we aim at catering to the maximum people as possible. We want our brand name to be synonymous with Garage Equipments.
9. What do you like most about your job at the company?
That has to be the satisfaction of finalising the orders and receiving them.
10. As a woman, what kind of challenges have you faced in this male-dominated industry?
I have been rather lucky in this case. Since there are a very few females in this industry, My Mother and I do get a lot of respect and serious hearing to whatever is put by us. From serious technical discussions to negotiations, we do it all.
My Mother is handling the Export Department of Sarveshwari while I look after the Domestic Market.
11. Tell us a little bit about your educational background and work experience. How did you enter this industry?
I did my B.tech from Birla Institute of Technology ( BITS – Pilani), Dubai Campus in Electronics and Instrumentation. Later I did my MBA in Supply chain Management from Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune.
Entering this industry was a family decision. I wanted to assist and learn from my father who has set up this huge empire single handedly.
12. How do you like to spend free time?
Free time is Family Time.